Book Marks 3 ways
This is ridiculously easy and the project is very usable.
Difficulty – Easy
You Will Need:
- A greeting card (used or unused – I made my bookmarks out of the striped one in the picture)
- A colored envelope (Preferably from the greeting card. You can actually use just colored paper, but it’s much cooler to say the book mark is made from an old envelope :). It will also match the other bookmarks, both of which will be made from the card.)
- Ribbon that matches the card
- Rubber thread (if you’ve ever made a lanyard, you’ll know what I’m talking about. It’s the clear silvery stuff in the picture on the large spool.)
- Magnet tape (Shown here: )
- Stickers, gel pens, and other decorations
- Hole punch (not shown)
- A place to make your craft
Book Mark Way #1
Take your greeting card.
Lay it out flat and cut it like so.
Use the piece on the right and set the left chunk aside for the next book mark.
Cut 2 small pieces of magnet tape. Stick them to each side of the inside of the greeting card piece, as shown.
This bookmark will magnet around your marked page!
Book Mark Way #2
Cut a piece from the front of the greeting card. You don’t need the back part this time.
Punch a hole at the top of the paper.
Thread a ribbon through, like so.
Pull both ends through the loop and tighten.
Cute and handy!
Book Mark Way #3
This is where the envelope comes into play.
Cut a rectangle from it (I used the part in the back under the address)
Decorate as you desire and punch a hole in the top.
Thread a strand of rubber thread through the hole. Tie a knot, tie a bow, and double knot the bow.
Book Marks 3 Ways complete!